WhatApp is a verbal and visual way to connect and share with friends and family from all over the world. We highly recommend you give it a try, especially if you travel overseas and want a free way to keep in touch with family back home. See Guide link to install on smartphones and computers below.
Some advantages are:
- Free unlimited talk and video for individuals or groups (with up to 256 WhatsApp members).
- Send unlimited free messages all over the world.
- Available on iPhone, Android and Windows Phone
- Send large files including pictures and videos (up to 100Mb)
- Easily imports contacts from phone and tell you who is using WhatApp
- Gives status of message with grey and blue check marks (single grey for sent and double for delivered. Will turn blue once read
- Very Secure (End-To-End Encryption) so only person you sent message to can see it.
- If you have two phone numbers and travel lots you can only use one phone number per phone for your WhatsApp account.
- It uses data and you need to be online to use it.
To get started WikiHow provides a wonderful written and visual step-by-step guide. Click link below