Why learn this?
We all know how time consuming it is to keep looking for things on your computer because you can’t remember where you stored them. With Search you can find an old email, document or photo easily.
Search in Windows XP is located on the Start menu.
How do you do this?
1. Click on the Start menu on the bottom left of the screen.
2. Click Search on the right side of the menu.
3. On the left side of the window are options to narrow your search. To search all of your files, click on “All files and folders”.
4. Next choose where on your computer you want to search. The default is your local hard drive. If you want to select your whole computer, click on the down arrow and select “My Computer”.
5. Enter either the file name in the top search box, or a word/phrase in the actual file in the second search box, and click Search at the bottom.
Hope this was helpful and you found what you were looking for.
Feedback is always welcome